Building Rules and Regulations
- Hallway doors to the Premises opening into common areas or public corridors shall have no signs, door hardware, kickplates or other fixtures attached thereto unless approved in writing by Landlord and shall be kept closed at all times except for those limited periods when actually used for entry to and exit from the Premises. No awnings, curtains, blinds, shades or screens shall be attached to or hung in, or used in connection with any window or door of the Premises without the prior consent of the Landlord, including approval by the Landlord of the quality, type, design, color and manner of attachment. In the event of any breach of the foregoing, Landlord may remove the applicable item, and Tenant agrees to pay the cost and expense of such removal.
- Tenant agrees that its use of electrical current shall never exceed Tenant’s share of the capacity of existing feeders, risers or wiring installation. Any wires and wiring installed by or on behalf of Tenant within any riser of the Building shall be subject to compliance with the terms of the Lease and shall be bundled together within such riser and a tag shall be placed on such bundle at each floor of the Building identifying the floor(s) served by each bundle and the name and telephone number of a representative of Tenant to contact in the case of an emergency. Furthermore, all wiring and cabling
work shall be done only by contractors approved in advance by Landlord and Landlord shall have the right to have all such work supervised by Building engineering/ maintenance personnel. The electric current shall not be used for power in excess of general office requirements or for heating, unless written permission to do so shall first have been obtained from Landlord or its representatives in writing and at an agreed cost to Tenant. The use of space heaters is prohibited.
- Tenant shall not do or permit to be done in or about the Premises or Building anything which shall increase the rate of insurance on said Building or obstruct or interfere with the rights of other lessees of Landlord or annoy them in any way, including, but not limited to, using any musical instrument, making loud or unseemly noises, or singing, etc. Tenant shall not do or permit to be done in the Premises anything, or bring or keep anything therein, which would conflict with the laws relating to fires, or with the regulations of the applicable Fire Department, or conflict with any of the rules and ordinances of the applicable Board of Health.
- The Premises shall not be used for storage of merchandise held for sale to the general public. The Premises shall not be used for sleeping or lodging. No cooking or related activities shall be done or permitted by Tenant in the Premises except with permission of Landlord. Tenant will be permitted to use for its own employees within the Premises a small microwave oven and Underwriters' Laboratory approved equipment for brewing coffee, tea, hot chocolate and similar beverages, provided that such use is in accordance with all applicable federal, state, county and city laws, codes, ordinances, rules and regulations, and provided that such use shall not result in the emission of odors from the Premises. No vending machines of any kind will be installed, permitted or used on any part of the Premises without the prior consent of Landlord. No part of said Building or Premises shall be used for gambling, immoral or other unlawful purposes. No intoxicating beverage shall be sold in said Building or Premises. No area outside of the Premises shall be used for storage purposes at any time.
- No painting shall be done, nor shall any alterations be made to any part of the Building or the Premises by putting up or changing any partitions, doors or windows, nor shall there be any nailing, boring or screwing into the woodwork or plastering, nor shall any connection be made in the electric wires or gas or electric fixtures, without the consent in writing on each occasion of Landlord and subject to compliance with the provisions of the Lease. All glass, locks and trimmings in or upon the doors and windows of the Building shall be kept whole and, when any part thereof shall be broken by Tenant or Tenant’s agent, invitees, employees, affiliates, visitors or contractors, the same shall be immediately replaced or repaired by Tenant, subject to compliance with the provisions of the Lease, and put in order under the direction and to the satisfaction of Landlord, or its agents, and shall be kept whole and in good repair. Tenants shall not injure, overload, or deface the Building, the woodwork or the walls of the Premises, nor carry on or upon the Premises any anoxious, noisy or offensive business.
- No birds or animals of any kind shall be brought into the Building (other than trained assist dogs required to be used by the visually impaired).
- No bicycles, motorcycles or other motorized vehicles shall be brought into the Building other than motorized wheelchairs.
- The parking garage (or parking lots), elevators, lobbies, restrooms, courts, vestibules, paths, walkways, sidewalks, entrances, stairways, landings, corridors, and halls of the Premises, the Building and the Property shall not be obstructed or used for any purpose other than ingress and egress and Landlord shall in all cases retain the right to control and prevent access to the Premises, the Building and the Property by all persons whose presence, in the judgment of Landlord, shall be prejudicial to the safety, character, reputation and interests of the Building; provided, however, that nothing herein contained shall be construed to prevent such access to persons with whom
Tenant normally deals in the conduct of its business within the Premises (such as clients, customers, office suppliers and equipment vendors, and the like) unless such persons are engaged in illegal activities. Neither Tenant nor any
employee of Tenant shall go upon the roof of the Building without the prior written consent of Landlord.
- Toilets, wash basins and sinks shall not be used for any purpose other than those for which they were constructed, and no sweeping, rubbish, or other obstructing or improper substances shall be thrown therein. Any damage resulting to them, or to heating apparatus, from misuse by Tenant or its employees, shall be borne by Tenant.
- Upon occupancy, tenant will be furnished keys to its Premises. Landlord may make a reasonable charge for any additional keys. No additional lock, latch or bolt of any kind shall be placed upon any door nor shall any changes be made in existing locks without written consent of Landlord and Tenant shall in each such case furnish Landlord with a key for any such lock. At the expiration or earlier termination of the Lease, Tenant shall return to Landlord all keys furnished to Tenant by Landlord, or otherwise procured by Tenant, and in the event of loss of any keys so furnished, Tenant shall pay to Landlord the cost thereof.
- Landlord shall have the right to prescribe the weight, position and manner of installation of heavy articles such as safes, machines and other equipment brought into the Building. Tenant shall not allow the building structure within the Premises, nor shall Tenant cause the elevators of the Building, to be loaded beyond rated capacities. No safes, furniture, boxes, large parcels or other kind of freight shall be taken to or from the Premises or allowed in any elevator, hall or corridor except at times allowed by Landlord. Tenant shall make prior arrangements with Landlord for use of freight elevator for the purpose of transporting such articles and such articles may be taken in or out of said Building only between or during such hours as may be arranged with and designated by Landlord and the persons employed to move the same must be approved by Landlord. Landlord reserves the right to inspect and, where deemed appropriate by Landlord, to open all freight coming into the Building and to exclude from entering the Building all freight which is in violation of any of these Rules and Regulations and all freight as to which inspection is not permitted. No hand rucks, mail carts, floats or dollies shall be used in passenger elevators. All hand trucks, mail carts, floats or dollies used by Tenant or its service providers for the delivery or receipt of any freight shall be equipped with rubber tires. Supplies, goods and packages of any kind shall be delivered only through designated service areas or through the loading dock areas of the Building.
- All deliveries (including the moving of Tenant's personal property in and out of the Building and the Premises) shall be made through freight elevators before 8:00 AM or after 5:00 PM Monday - Friday. No deliveries shall be made through the main lobbies of the Building or which impede or interfere with the use of the Building by other tenants, the operation of the Building or which may in any way damage any of the common areas.
- Tenant shall not cause or permit any gases, liquids or odors to be produced upon or permeate from the Premises, and no flammable, combustible or explosive fluid, chemical or substance shall be brought into the Building. Tenant shall prevent inadequate ventilation from and will assure proper operation of any HVAC systems and/or office equipment under Tenant's control, and Tenant will not allow any unsafe levels of chemical or biological contaminants in the Premises and will take all steps necessary to prevent the release of such contaminants from adhesives, machinery, and cleaning agents. Tenant shall cooperate in all respects with Landlord regarding the management of the indoor
air quality in the Building and in connection with the development and implementation of an indoor air quality management plan for the Building. Smoking shall not be permitted in any common areas of the Building or in any indoor space within the Building.
- Every person, including Tenant, its employees and visitors, entering and leaving the Building may be questioned by security personnel as to that person's business therein and may be required to produce a valid picture identification
and to sign such person's name on a form provided by Landlord for registering such person; provided that, except for emergencies or other extraordinary circumstances, such procedures shall not be required between the hours of
7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., on all days except Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. Landlord may also implement a card access security system to control access to the Building during such other times. Landlord shall not be liable for excluding any person from the Building during such other times, or for admission of any person to the Building at any time, or for damages or loss for theft resulting therefrom to any person, including Tenant. Landlord may take all reasonable measures it deems necessary for the safety and security of the Building or Property, including, without limitation, evacuation for cause, suspected cause, or temporary denial of Building access. There shall be no abatement of Rent and Landlord shall not be responsible for any damages resulting to Tenant from such action. Landlord reserves the right to exclude or expel from the Building any person who, in the Landlord's judgment, is intoxicated, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, commits any act in violation of these Rules and Regulations or constitutes a security risk to the Premises, the Building or the Property. Landlord shall have no liability with respect to breaches of the building’s security, if any.
- Unless agreed to in writing by Landlord, Tenant shall not employ any person other than Landlord's contractors for the purpose of cleaning and taking care of the Premises. Cleaning service will not be furnished on nights when
rooms are occupied after 6:00 p.m., unless, by agreement in writing, service is extended to a later hour for specifically designated rooms. Landlord shall not be responsible for any loss, theft, mysterious disappearance of or damage to, any property, however occurring. Only persons authorized by the Landlord may furnish ice, drinking water, towels, and other similar services within the Building and only at hours and under regulations fixed by Landlord.
- If Tenant requires wiring for a bell or buzzer system, such wiring shall be done by the electrician of the Landlord only, and no outside wiring contractor shall be allowed to do work of this kind unless by the written permission of
Landlord or its representatives. If telegraph or telephonic service is desired, the wiring for same shall be approved by Landlord, and no boring or cutting for wiring shall be done unless approved by Landlord or its representatives, as stated.
- Tenant, its employees and invitees shall observe and obey all parking and traffic regulations as imposed by Landlord. All vehicles shall be parked only in areas designated by Landlord. No RV’s, motor homes, boats, delivery trucks, movable or non-movable trailers, buses or other commercial vehicles are allowed to be parked in the parking area overnight or for an extended period of time; to include business and or personnel vehicles. No vehicle (including bicycles and motorcycles) belonging to Tenant or to Tenant's agents, employees, or invitees shall be parked so as to impede or prevent ready access to any loading dock or any entrance to or exit from the Building, the Property or the parking garage (or parking lots) for the Building. Except as otherwise specifically provided in the Lease, all parking for the Building is provided on a nonexclusive basis. All vehicles of any nature shall be parked only in areas within the parking garage (or parking lots) designated by Landlord. No vehicles of any nature shall be parked or left unattended for more than seven (7) consecutive days, unless in the ordinary course of Tenant's business and approved in writing by Landlord. No bicycles or motorcycles shall be permitted inside the Building or the Premises nor shall bicycles or motorcycles be parked in a manner which would interfere with access to the Building or obstruct sidewalks or walkways on the Property.
- Canvassing, peddling, soliciting and distribution of handbills or any other written materials in the Building are prohibited, and Tenant shall cooperate to prevent the same.
- Tenant agrees to participate in the waste recycling programs implemented by Landlord for the Building, including any programs and procedures for recycling writing paper, computer paper, shipping paper, boxes, newspapers and magazines and aluminum cans. If Landlord elects to provide collection receptacles for recyclable paper and/or recyclable aluminum cans in the Premises, Tenant shall designate an appropriate place within the Premises for placement thereof, and Tenant shall cause its employees to place its recyclable papers and/or cans into the applicable such receptacles on a daily bases.
- Any special work or services requested by Tenant to be provided by Landlord shall be provided by Landlord only upon request received at the Building management office. Building personnel shall not perform any work or provide any services outside of their regular duties unless special instructions have been issued from Landlord or its managing agent.
- Tenant shall not install or attach any radio or television antenna,loudspeaker, or other devices or projections on or to any part of the Premises which would, in Landlord's opinion, interfere with the communication facilities utilized by other tenants of the Building or be unsightly, or on the roof or exterior walls of the Building.
- Landlord shall have the right to change the name of the Building and to change the street address of the Building, provided that in the case of a change in the street address, Landlord shall give Tenant not less than 180 days prior notice of the change, unless the change is required by governmental authority.
- Landlord shall have the right to prohibit advertising by Tenant which, in Landlord's discretion, tends to impair the reputation of the Building or its desirability as an office location.
- The directory of the Building will be provided for the display of the name and location of the tenants. Any additional name, or replacements after the initial entry of tenant’s name and location, which Tenant shall desire to place upon said directory must first be approved by Landlord, and if so approved, a reasonable charge will be made therefor.
- Landlord may waive any one or more of these Rules and Regulations for the benefit of any particular lessee, but no such waiver by Landlord shall be construed as a waiver of such Rules and Regulations in favor of any other lessee, nor prevent Landlord from thereafter enforcing any such Rules and Regulations against any or all of the other lessees of the Building.
- These Rules and Regulations are supplemental to, and shall not be construed to in any way modify or amend, in whole or in part, the terms, covenants, agreements and conditions of any lease of any premises in the Building.